

Brookside Condominium HOA Board Meeting October 26, 2020 Minutes

Officers present via telephone conference call:

Patricia Wageman- President/Secretary

Victor Garcia- Treasurer

Jeff Walenczak- Member at Large

Eric Bau- Member at Large

Forrest Scruggs- Realty-One

Call to order at 6:00pm

Minutes from last meeting reviewed and accepted/seconded

Financials review for Aug/Sept and approved/seconded

Old business:

Discussed the stripping and handicap sign for the parking area: should be happening soon waiting on date from Rose Paving

Discussed filling pool- was delayed for financial reasons but should be done in November

New Business:

Incidents with dogs off leash behind 8900 and running out towards other dogs. Will send out an mass email reminding owners/tenants of Thornton leash law.

Concern about cost for trash removal and large item pick up- this will also be included in email as a reminder

Concern about pet waste- reminder will be sent out in email in regards to picking up after pets.

3 vehicles broken into last week (10/16/2020) will place reminder in email about locking vehicles and not leaving valuables.

Eric brought up looking into have carports converted to garages with doors and walls. Vic will get a bid in garage doors for us.

Meeting was adjourned at 6:32pm

Respectfully Submitted

Patricia Wageman- President/Secretary

HOA Brookside Condominium's Board meeting minutes: August 24, 2020

Meeting was started at 6:00 pm via phone conference

Attendance:

Amber Glover

Eric Bua

Forrest Scruggs

Jeffrey Walenczak

Patty Wageman

Victor Garcia(absent)

Minutes from previous meeting were reviewed and approved

Meeting was first going over financials, which was approved by the board.

New Business:

Question was asked about the filling of unused pool with dirt. Patty volunteered to speak to Ron in Unit 19. (Ron mentioned in the annual meeting that he would be able to help with this project.)

Parking was addressed on how we're going to place new rules and regulation for parking updates and new tags assignment. This job was assigned to Amber and scheduled a meeting with Patty, Amber and Eric on September 1st to write up the rules.

Eric will contact Forrest about handicap parking spot and getting the asphalt painted,

Forrest was asked again for a detailed invoice on the deck repair/ceiling repair for unit 11/7

Sprinklers on west lawn were repaired and the grass is coming back nicely. The sprinklers have been turned on for 4 days a week to try to alleviate some of the damage from the heat.

Amber brought up the Security Camera apps to see if they were available to the board. Per Patty, she hasn't been able to address this issue due to not putting time into it but will do so after the meeting. Patty said she was waiting for a call back as the initial installer had moved to Florida and had not returned her call yet.

Amber asked how they are working. Patty mentioned that a white diesel truck from Unit 2 was stolen a week ago and she was able to capture video and gave information to the police. We all asked why the board members weren't notified of this event and Patty said, 'She didn't think it was anyone's business and it was between the owner of the vehicle and the police.'

The other board members were quite disturbed with this response.

Patty again felt it was nobody's business and the meeting became quite volatile with Amber yelling others trying to be heard. The assignments were decided upon and the meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm.

Date: 06/22/2020

Time: 6:00-8:00pm

Location: Patty's House

Brookside Condominiums	
Minutes Taker	Facilitator
Amber Glover	Patty Wageman
ATTENDEES: Amber Glover, Eric Bua, Patty Wageman, Jeffrey Walenczak, Forrest Scruggs	
Absent: N/A	
AGENDA /MINUTES	
Action Items	
Owner	Topic
Patty Wageman	Gutters Clean Out
Patty Wageman	Concrete Pouring – Entryway – 8900, To fix uneven ground; Filled holes in 8910 ramp area
Patty Wageman	Electrician – Extra electrical ports for camera installation scheduled for future date
Eric Bua	Stolen landscaping tools
Patty Wageman	Parking Policy - Expired license plates/Parking Tags
Patty Wageman	Pool to be filled with dirt
Jeffrey Walenczak	Rules and Regulations Updates
	Notes & Person Responsible
	To be completed on Wed 24. 8-10am
	To be completed on Thurs 25. 10am (Rose Concrete)
	To be completed on Fri 26
	Eric to repurchase items and submit receipts to Brookside Condos HOA to reimburse for stolen items; HOA to install additional locks on shed
	Letter will be sent out for update to parking policy by Patty - 2 visitor tags for owner/Possibly Ticketed
	Ron in unit 20 is tentatively scheduling pool to be filled with dirt in July 2020
	Jeffrey to make updates to community Rules & Regulations – HOA will revisit/review on July 20, 2020

Date: 06/22/2020

Time: 6:00-8:00pm

Location: Patty's House

Patty Wageman	Dog Waste Policy	Patty will send blast email regarding dog waste email – Trash Bins
<i>Agenda Items</i>		
Owner	Topic	Notes
HOA Committee + Property Management (Forrest Scruggs)	Financial Review (April-May 2020)	All in agreement of the accounting of expenses
Eric Bua	Eric's landscaping tools stolen from community shed in break-in on 6/19/20; Additional Locks Needed	Eric to be reimbursed by HOA (All in agreement)
Patty Wageman	Security Cameras	To be installed following additional electrical outlet installation
Patty	Expired license plates	Action item above for Patty
Patty	Parking tags	2 visitor tags for owner/Possibly Ticketed
Jeffrey	Updating Rules & Regulations	Action item above for Jeffrey
Gus/Patty	Replacement beam (Unit 19)	Underneath Gus' old condo a rotted beam was found during new homeowner inspectio, discussed putting in a sister beam to compensate for potential weak beam. HOA is responsible but HOA won't address until new owner wants to address it.
All	Pool – Fill Dirt	Ron in Unit 20 brought up in annual meeting that he has someone who can fill the pool with fill dirt (tentatively July) removing liability for HOA
All	Meeting Frequency Update	HOA meeting will be held once per month going forward until further notice

Parking Lot

Date: 06/22/2020

Time: 6:00-8:00pm

Location: Patty's House

Presenter	Discussion Items	Date
All	Past month(s) financial review by all HOA members present	Every HOA meeting
<i>DO NOT REMOVE</i>	Project List : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jRlKvON3eShAN0x3mwLcYXR58lsSoVnUdcS4ZRvov5k/edit	
Next Meeting:		7/20/20

Brookside Condominium Board Bi-Weekly Meeting

April 20, 2020

Attendance:

Forrest Scruggs

Patty Wageman

Amber Glover

Eric Bua

Jeffrey Walenczak

Carole Marks

Meeting was called to order at 6:03 pm via telephone conference.

Started recording @ 6:10pm missing introduction.

Started to talk about cages around vents outside of 8910 for prevention of squirrels coming between floors.

Talking about previous contract labor, POP's Construction.....

Vic: It was a completed job, but okay.

Forrest: So, it was well over a year ago probably a year and a half ago when he first did some of those Patty probably remembers when he did some of those lower ones on the 8910 building. But then apparently after that when/as we got a buyer, he didn't want to do them anymore. But then when we put up a work order in to do the vents, he said "Well when they went out there that there were vents opening somewhere on the roof area that needed to be closed as well which made sense cause it sounded like they might've been getting into the attic area.

Vic: Did we have any other owners complaining about squirrels?

Forrest: I haven't had anything. Have you Patty?

Patty: Uh no, as far as I know the squirrel issue has been taken care of.

Amber: Carol, did you have a problem with that? Did you have your problem taken care of?

Carol: Um, I never contacted them because I only heard the noise once or twice. It's kind of like something was above my unit. And uh the spare bedroom but I don't know for sure if it was a squirrel or not.

Amber: Okay

Carol: So how do we know?

Vic: Has it since gone away though?

Carol: Um, it's been about a month since I heard the noise. It happened, like, sometime in March when it was warm out. I noticed it happened when it was warm that when it was cold.

Patty: Okay well let's keep an eye on that and, Carol, if you hear it again will you please let me and Realty One know?

Carol: Yes, thank you.

Patty: You're welcome. Anyone else have any questions about the minutes?

Vic: No

Patty: Motion to approve?

All: Approved

Patty: Thank you. Um, Forrest, would you like to go over the financials?

Forest: Alright. The first one there is your customer balance summary. And as you can see that was through March. Um, and uh remember the credits are good so everybody except for number 8 was, had a credit there in their account going into April. And that's where we are in April. I do know that I believe there have been a few that have asked for help with late charges and they don't have an update on that.

Patty: Okay

Eric: What about #10?

Vic: Well continues to grow

Guy: So, the negatives are owed or credited?

Amber: It's owed, it is owed!

Patty: Negative is a credit, which means that they are overpaid. Positive means they owe us.

Eric: Okay, so where are we standing with unit 10?

Patty: 10 and 8 still owe us money as far as I know 10 is um fighting it because part of that is charges for the legal fees for the lawyer we got to work on the cease and desist letter. Um, as far as I know because of the situation, none of us are in contact with this unit. All contact is going through the lawyer and through Dana. So, I can follow up with Dana tomorrow and find

out where were at but at this point, I would assume that based on the dollar amount that there is a lien on the property. It's that \$1,128, and if there's not a lien on the property, Forrest, we might want to look into that.

Forrest: Well once it's turned over to the attorney's that's the first thing that they do.

Patty: Okay

Forrest: So... And we're not supposed to have any communication with the owner.

Patty: Correct, we are not.

Forrest: So that's where that's at.

Patty: At this point she's the only one... 8 is a little bit behind. Looks like..

Amber: Yeah, she's just \$325

Patty: Yeah, one and a half months. I know she was getting caught up but she fell behind again so looks like she's getting caught up. So that's good.

Vic: Patty can we go back to 10. We are quickly approaching the maximum we can recover in the event that there is a foreclosure or and a lien will allow it.

Patty: Well I'm not worried about them going into foreclosure. As far as I know, Erin is still working and they're paying the bills. So, I'm not worried about that. The majority of it is legal fees and who she is fighting paying the legal fees which she has to do through the lawyer. So, if we lose anything, it will be the legal fees.

Amber: Patty are you saying, or Forrest, are you saying that what is outstanding are the legal fees. Is that correct?

Patty: I don't have a breakdown, no, but I'm assuming some of it is late fees, some of it is legal fees, and some of it might possibly be HOA dues. I do not have a breakdown.

Vic: Forrest, can you tell us if they've been paying regularly now, the \$235?

Forrest: I can look it up. I can't do it here; I'm working from home. I mean I can, when I get a chance or when Dana's in.. we're not in the office to really retrieve all this information but..

Vic: With the \$1,128 it would be great to get a breakdown.

Forrest: Yeah, breakdown, okay. I can email it to everybody.

Vic: Okay.

Patty: Thank you Forrest

Forrest: Yep

Patty: I did not see anything outstanding on the payment the only one I didn't know who it was the IPSS Corporation but I'm assuming that has something to do with the, um, sewer back up but I'm not positive on that. I'm back on page 6.

Vic: That was a while ago, I'm not aware of anything that happened.

Patty: Oh, a while ago we had some sewer back up into unit 9 and 10. We were able to clear it through unit 9. They came in and they cleaned out, we had a remediation company come out and clean out all the um showers and tubs. I believe they came and cleaned the carpet. A couple days later it backed up again in unit 10 so we had the sewer people out again to clear that but it I haven't heard anything since so at this point, I'm assuming everything is fine. But we had some back up. Our main runs behind the building so.

Vic: Were we charged for the second come out?

Patty: I did not see a bill but as far as I know they did not charge us for the second, they probably included it in the bill. Cause it was two separate units.

Amber: Are we talking about IPFS?

Patty: Yes

Amber: Okay so there was IPFS on 3/3 and there was and IPFS bill on 4/2, bill.

Patty: Correct. And like I said, I'm assuming that Colorado Sewer Service and 24/7 Flood Response were the.. So, I'm not sure who IPFS is. Maybe that's our insurance.

Amber: Because, uh, because there's Colorado Sewer Service that was on 3/9.

Forrest: IPFS is insurance.

Patty: Oh, it is the insurance, thank you.

Vic: Because that's the standard bill yeah, it's \$697

Amber: And 24/7 flood response came out.

Patty: Right, they both came out. Those are the two that I see. I just didn't know what IPFS was but that's the insurance. And then Anne Bellman EA on 3/13. Do you know what that is Forrest?

Forrest: That's the tax lady.

Patty: That's the tax lady, fabulous, thank you.

Vic: Also, I noticed that we're paying American Pest Control a several hundred every month. What's.. I didn't realize we had a..

Patty: We shouldn't be.

Vic: 3 different ones. 1/21, 1/21, and 1/21.

Patty: Oh, I'm not looking at January. I'm only looking at March and April so...

Vic: I'm just looking at transaction detail that was on page 6. Forrest, do you know what that is?

Forrest: Well that would be squirrels, that's the only thing that we'd have them out for. To get the squirrels out of there before they got plugged up.

Vic: Okay, so it was just one invoice per billing then?

Forrest: Uh huh

Forrest: Oh, it's on their January through March. American Pest control. There's the 107, 175, 325, 195. It was all listed there under general maintenance.

Vic: It's on page 6 of the PDF

Vic: On the budgetary sheet it does show where we're not making or we're under. There's no money put in for reserves. Is that because we didn't have it or..

Forrest: No, it was. There was the.. Again. It's not listed as an expense so it's an asset so if you look over at the very, very last page you'll see where it was transferred over. \$1,264.

Patty: January 1st, February 1st, March 1st.

Vic: Okay, I saw that on the last page but on the one...

Patty: I think if you look at the total, 1,264 should be 28. I saw something on there.

Vic: What it was the budgetary profit and loss vs actual where it shows uh.. Reserve contribution is 0 for January-March but there \$3792 budgeted.

Forrest: Yeah and it'll show that because it's a profit and loss sheet, it's not an expense, so an asset. Your just moving money from one place to another. So that's why it shows up only on the balance sheet. That's why when you look at the balance sheet for March 31, it shows the figures we talked about on the very last page that were transferred over ends up being the reserves. The \$67,272. So, your operating budget last month was \$6,383. Reserve is \$6,772 and we continue with that 1200 or whatever that was every month now.

Vic: It's just the way is shows up...

Forrest: Yeah, I know it's just the way the program works. You can't have both. If it shows as an expense it doesn't go the balance sheet, you can't count it as an expense.

Vic: I also noticed several reimbursements for Patty. Patty, is that for the camera systems?

Patty: Probably for the camera and it was also probably for the snow melt that I was buying. Because every time I bought a bag of snow melt it miraculously disappeared. Yeah, so we've taken care of that. Actually, the last one disappeared. It was a 40lb bag sitting on top of the bucket and when it snowed and I went out there and all the buckets were turned upside down with no lids on them and the bag was gone. It was a 40lb bag that was sitting on top of the bucket in front of my unit.

Patty: So, I don't have, at this point it is April 20th and if we are expected to get another large dump of snow, I will go buy more ice melt, but at this point anything we get should be a pretty spring snow which means it should melt within 24 hours. So, I'm not putting any snowmelt out for the rest of the year.

Vic: I kind of figured that that's what those were but the ones that caught my eye were the three for a total of \$590.

Patty: Yep, those were for the cameras. The cameras have been returned. I have the money in my account. That's new business so we will talk about it. Does anyone have and questions on the financials?

All: No

Patty: Okay, so new business. One thing we need to talk about is cameras. And I'm totally going to get this wrong. I believe Eric called a buddy and kind of got us an estimate, um, in an email so Eric, would you like to go over what your friend told you?

Eric: So, looking at the options, he has said that there is a problem with the distance um, from your unit to reach the garages. After kind of talking with him and looking at the options, he said that we could probably do an antenna on each garage that could pick up the internet signal and roam/run the cameras. The only thing is that someone would have to have the antenna on their unit. Whoever it running the internet to communicate with all of us. In each garage there would

be a hub that would allow up to 8 cameras in each hub. We could at the most have 24 cameras on our property if we wanted that. But based upon our previous talks that's too many. But is something that can be expanded. We kind of talked price on cameras and all this was base estimate. Not formal. And we were talking \$2500-\$3000 for the entire unit with these antennas, cameras, recording device, all that stuff, and if that was something that we were interested in, they could do a more formal quote but they do handle the security stuff. That's their primary thing. The name of the business is Intron Systems. He said it would be a fairly easy job but it's just depending on how much we wanted to spend and I was just getting a rough quote.

Patty: So, Amber were you ever able to do a research?

Amber: Okay, Jeffrey sent me a text message on the cameras from Amazon but I feel more comfortable that it will be done and done professionally and taken care of and at least we can get this thing rocking and rolling through Eric's way. That's just my thoughts.

Patty: When you say take care of, do you mean done and installed, or do you mean maintenance after they're installed.

Amber: Oh, just done and installed.

Vic: Eric, the guy your talking with does he have the pod cameras that he feels are going to be, I don't want to say impenetrable, but theft proof?

Eric: He did talk about that. We did go over that and talked about the problems that we've had in the past and he said that they have cameras out there that are theft proof and unbreakable. There are several different levels of quality on those. But for a camera that is suitable, and pretty average for normal stuff is like \$150 a camera. That's kind of where these costs are coming in. We were kind of basing it off of the 10 camera idea that we had previously spoken about so anything right there, you're looking at \$1500 just for the cameras and about \$1500 for install so..

Vic: Could we get a hard number from him if he actually comes out to do a site assessment?

Eric: Yeah, we can totally do that and he said he would be more than happy to give a formal quote on the building. And then we can present that at the next meeting.

Vic: That would be a good idea to actually have a hard number from them. A professional company that. Cause what we've been doing isn't working.

Patty: I agree. And just to put it out there - Jeremy, number 24, who is Donna's roommate, also has a buddy who does this and he is going to see if he could get us an estimate as well. Not that we have to take either one. But let's see, Eric, are you okay with having your friend come out and give us a hard estimate?

Eric: 100%

Patty: And we'll see if we could get one from Jeremy's buddy and hopefully, we could have something within the next 30 days rather than waiting until the next meeting. We can maybe make that decision over email.

Amber: Yeah, that sounds like a great plan

Patty: I'll be honest, I'm balking at \$3000. We don't have that large of an issue and we do need cameras, I'm just not sure we need \$3000 worth in cameras.

Amber: Hold on. I think if your car got damaged, I think you would be a little more apt of jumping onto that if whatever that takes to have safety involved here. But since no one else's care was damaged, obviously they not taking it that to heart. But I am because it happened to my car so I'm taking it a little more personal. I think we need to address this a little more seriously. I know we got the fund's; we can take it and we can do it. I feel that we need to address this issue. Hopefully Jeremy and Eric can give us a hard thing but I don't think we should shun on this.

Patty: And I'm not. I am simply stating my opinion, and I think \$3,000 is too much.

Amber: I don't think so. I think that's pretty doggone good compared to other security issues. And if we are going to take care of it ourselves after its installed, I think it's a good deal.

Vic: Well it never hurts to get two estimates.

Amber: I'm not discounting that estimate. I'm just saying that we're going to have to start being realistic here.

Patty: Yeah, we're being realistic. I also don't think we're living in million-dollar mansions either.

Amber: Yeah, its \$3000 not \$1M dollars, I think we're over exaggerating on this particular issue here

Patty: Well let's see what the estimates come in as and we can go from there. Once we get those estimates.

Vic: Eric, would your friend think that the need for these homes... Are we looking at the optimal point of internet at Patty's or did he think that there might be a better way to do it?

Eric: Well, and that's kind of like a problem for us cause we don't have a clubhouse where we have the video equipment sitting at the office 24/7 so right now it was based upon sitting at Patty's house, but from what I understood is that the antenna may have the possibility to be moved. So, let's say Patty you no longer want to be president or it got handed off to someone

else, my understanding is that it's something we could move the initial antenna to send the signals to the other cameras on the garage.

Vic: Is the equipment that we do have...?

Patty: We don't have any equipment. We have two cameras that currently work, one that if we plug it back in would work...

Vic: I'm talking about the DVR or whatever that records

Patty: We would have to buy that

Vic: I thought we had one.

Patty: No, we do not have a DVR. We never did.

Vic: How did we record it in the past?

Patty: We have two monitors that record continuously that's based on movement onto a little SD card and then the SD card can be watched on my computer and then can be downloaded and sent to the police. We've never had a DVR that had a disc or anything.

Vic: Okay, I thought we had one before...

Patty: No, we have two small monitors but they do record but it's on a small SD card.

Vic: Eric, that would be something to ask your guy.

Eric: For sure and that was something that was brought up. We wanted a hub, some sort of community center DVR that records like that or exactly what Patty described, a SD card that you can access and hold and it re-records over the past 3 days or a week or so.

Patty: Ours will record for 3 months.

Vic: Wow, that sounds adequate to me.

Patty: Well that's what we have right now. The system it was an old unit system, we had it for 5 or 6 years we just don't have cameras anymore because they were stolen. And I don't see them when you look online to get cameras, they don't even have them anymore to get them up and running anymore so.. Alright, any other new business.

Eric: Eric here, I have a question about the AC units. Is there any possibility that if I get a new unit, is it possible that I can have it on the ground rather than being on the roof?

Patty: Unfortunately, no, because of the way everything is wired. You could try to put it on the ground but you would probably have to try to rewire where all of the pipes and everything go for the AC Unit.

Eric: Right, and that is something that's being considered or you know that would be considered. It's just that I'm looking at AC at this point and it's just astonishing that we struggle to get these units and we can't maintain our own units. We always have to pay someone to go up on the roof to take care of them and I know the building is dated but that just seems so silly to me when they can do it on the ground.

Patty: I don't have a problem with it. If you've got somebody who can rewire your whole unit and replumb your whole unit, I don't see why that would be a problem.

Eric: So, if we needed to put a hole into the wall..

Vic: You're probably going to have to go through 1-2 other units which may be a problem for them.

Patty: Right. You can run it down the wall and maybe the crawl space in between the unit. Or all the way to the crawl space underneath but in order to access that crawl space you would have to go through one of their units. Cause you're in the middle right?

Eric: No, I'm on the end.

Patty: No, but you're in the middle.

Eric: Oh yeah, I'm on the second floor.

Patty: Yeah, so I mean if you could figure out a way to do it. The problem is, it is not an HOA responsibility.

Eric: I understand that. My only question is, can the piping be internal or does it have to be external?

Patty: To an extent it would have to be internal up to the point where it leaves the building to attach to the unit.

Eric: Okay so like the side of the building that isn't attached to anything... What I'm trying to consider is, they're called ductless air conditioners and they just hang on the wall and they go to a fan outside. They're not connected to a furnace, they're individual but the pipes on the wall outside. So would it be feasible for a unit to be hung in my unit and the pipe go outside and go straight down to the fan or does that piping need to be internal and come out of the floor like at the ground level like right to the fan so that the piping is not showing outside?

Patty: I would prefer it at ground level just for aesthetic look but my question is where are you planning on putting the fan? Are you putting it in the back of the building or are you putting it at the side of the building by the fencing?

Eric: Side of the building.

Patty: The side of the building by the fencing. Okay so uh, one of the things you need to be verify aware of is when it rains and when it snows, that turns into a great big giant mud puddle and it has a slight slant to it. So, whatever you do, put that (inaudible) do it doesn't slide down the fence. Come up with a plan and present it to us. Aesthetically what it would look like. Does that work?

Eric: Okay. Yeah, that's fine.

Patty: Okay, then we can vote on it.

Eric: Okay, I appreciate the time.

Patty: Anybody else?

Carol: Hi Patty this is Carol. I know I'm not on the board but I wasn't sure how these meetings work because I haven't been to a regular board meeting. I just went to (inaudible) meeting at the last meeting. So as far as the um the aftermath of the sewer line backup should I approach Forrest and then he should talk to the board or can I talk to the board about it now, or how does that work?

Patty: About what?

Carol: Well my understanding is that there were roots in the line and that might be the reason why the sewer line backed up. Is there a way to make sure those roots are gone and are not growing back in the line?

Patty: No, no unfortunately there's not a way to keep the roots from growing in the line. What we can do, and this was something that I was going to talk about in a couple of months, cause right, we don't really have money to do it, but at some point, need to locate the main in the back of that building and probably have some clean-outs inserted. The problem is there's only about 5 ft of space back there so everything that we do would have to be hand dug. I don't even know if we could get a Bobcat back there without having it slide down the hill.

Carol: Yeah, I understand because we're so close to the hill, yeah.

Patty: So, at this point, it sounds like they cleaned it out pretty good. I don't know that I'm super worried about it. It is a project for us at some point to look into finding the main and at least have one clean out somewhere in the middle of the building.

Carol: That's what I'm hoping for. For the cleanout to happen right under my building. That would be ideal.

Patty: Yes, but you have to realize that this is under everybody's unit. Everybody has a cleanout under their unit.

Carol: No, oh I didn't realize that.

Patty: Well they did yours first because that we had called but um it was backing up into unit 10 as well and they had to come out a four days later and redo unit 10 because they didn't get it all.

Carol: Oh okay. No, I didn't know that there were cleanouts under each of the buildings. So, all the ground floor units have cleanouts then?

Patty: Correct. As does probably each of these units and this building and other building. They all have access through the master bedroom closet into the crawl space.

Carol: Okay. And the other request is about putting, and we talked about this, you and I, but I just wanted everyone to know, is putting a vapor barrier down at some point once everything that's down there is disintegrating is gone, I want to put a vapor barrier in the crawl space.

Patty: Yeah, we can do that. That's an HOA responsibility when you're ready we'll contact someone and we'll get an estimate and have somebody come out and do it.

Carol: Okay, that's all I needed. Thank you. I appreciate you being so prompt in fixing it because it was quite scary.

Patty: Yeah.

Eric: Eric again. Something I've noticed on the backside garages is the gutters are being filled or are filled and overflowing with pine needles. Do we have a way to remedy that or empty or clear those out?

Patty: We actually can get up there and clear those out, which I usually do in the spring but we are actually looking at probably having somebody come out and clean out the gutters anyway. So as soon as this shut down stuff stops and we can actually get people out here for estimates, we can see what it would cost to have the gutters cleaned. We could include that on there. I did also notice the once here on the front of the garage over the courtyard. Those are pretty full but they aren't overflowing yet but they're full of stuff that needs to be cleaned out. When the weather gets warmer, if you want to help me climb on the roof and clean them out that works too and its cheap.

Eric: I'm 100% on board helping with that. I just didn't know how we addressed that because I do remember from the annual meeting there was something that we can do stuff it being tricky based upon insurance and stuff.

Patty: Yeah, we just won't tell Forrest what we did and we promise if we get hurt, we don't call. I mean it's one of those things that if we choose to do it, we are taking our own lives in our hands. If we get hurt, we do not sue the HOA. Nobody made up get up there and do it. We have money to hire people if we choose not to do that, that's our problem, not the HOAs problem. Anybody else

Everybody: No, all good.

Patty: Forrest, will it be the same number?

Forrest: Yes

Patty: Same pin?

Forrest: Yes

Patty: And I apologize for all of the confusion morning. I knew you had sent it to me and I lost it and it disappeared somewhere in my email. It's like I know it's a teleconference and I know there's a number so thank you so much Amber for finding it and sending it to everybody. Alright, we are done. Meeting adjourned. 6:46pm. Talk to you all in a couple of months.

Transcribed by
Amber Glover, Secretary

Brookside Condominiums (8900, 8910 & 8920)
2020 Annual Homeowners' Meeting – February 25, 2020

Brookside Condominiums Members Present

UNITS:

- 5 -- Patricia Wageman, President
- 13 – Amber Glover, Secretary
- 6 – Vic Garcia, Treasurer
- 14 – Eric Bua, *New Member-at-Large
- 18 – Jeff Walenczak, *New Member-at-Large
- 19 – Gus Kokotis, By Proxy
- 9 – Carole Marks
- 3 – Pamela Valencia
- 20 – Ron Nuanes
- 12 – Antonio Deluna
- 10 – Erin Haury
- 1 – Gerry Williams

The meeting was called to order at 6:05pm. A quorum was established with 12 units represented – 11 owners present and 1 proxy.

Minutes:

Minutes from the 2019 Annual Homeowners Meeting were reviewed and approved.

Financials:

Forrest Scruggs, from Realty One, Inc.; went over the 2019 Year End Financial Report, this was reviewed and approved.

***Vote was up for two Open Member's-At-Large:**

Vote was open for two and after votes were counted, *Eric Bua* and *Jeff Walenczak* were nominated.

Q&A Open Forum:

1)There was a question about snow removal and requirements. Updated and reiterated when removed; 'Snow on sidewalks removed when reached at 2 inches and 6 inches on driveway.'

2)Pool was asked if it would ever operate again.

"The pool has not been operational since 2015. The pool had a major concrete break and would have been costly to repair. The board decided that there were other priorities needed to be addressed at that time. To offset the loss of the pool, it was decided to utilize the poolhouse as a rental property and use this as an asset for our working budget."

3) Since the pool is empty there was concern for safety. We've discussed a possibility in the spring time to fill it with field dirt and concrete to solve this issue.

4) Light bulbs were asked on who changes them out and we've decided that this will be taken care of by the property management, Realty One, Inc. We will contact them once 6 or more are out and will be upgraded with new LED lights, this will help in the future for not having to keep replenishing so often.

5) Security Cameras were asked; this will be put up in the very near future once all internet and WiFi kinks have been worked out. Once this has been addressed, security cameras will be installed.

6) Dog waste was addressed and hopefully once security cameras will be up this will help solve some of the issues, but would like to reiterate to be respectful to picked-up after.

7) Recycling was asked to see if it would be available for our area but since we have a large communal bin that this is highly unlikely. We did provide other sources to dispose recycling: Thornton Waste Receptacles; North Star Park on the south side of 88th Ave. and a quarter mile east of Huron St.

Next Meeting

With no other business, the meeting was adjourned at 7pm. Executive Board meeting is to follow.

Respectfully submitted,

Amber Glover
Brookside Condominium Secretary